- Select the side of the center panel where the magnets are flush with the Polycarbonate and lay this side face-down on a flat surface.
- Use the supplied machine screws to attach the supplied hinges joining the center panel to each side panel. Start all 4 screws in each hinge before tightening, then tighten the screws with the hinge square to the panel, and the panels square to each other.
- Turn the torque adjustment screw on the hinge to the desired friction when moving the side panels.
Mounting and Removing the Chip Shield
- Use caution when placing the Chip Shield near the vise or any other metal object. The Neodymium magnets are very strong and will act to rapidly close the gap if they are unintentionally placed too close to the object.
- Place the Chip Shield at a 45 degree angle to the end of the vise with the lower edge of the Shield resting on the bed or edge of the vise.
- Slowly rotate the Chip Shield up into place using a bit of pressure to counteract the pull of the magnets.
- Make any final adjustments to square and seat the Chip Shield.
- Reverse this procedure to remove the Chip Shield.