The Power Drawbar is a CNC-class pneumatic system that automates the task of loosening and tightening the drawbar when changing a tool on a milling machine. This greatly expedites the tool changing process and adds a great deal of convenience.
- This is a bolt-on accessory that requires no modification to the mill.
- Changes tools with the flip of a switch.
- Provides a consistent tool holding force of approximately 34 foot-pounds at 120 psi and 25 foot-pounds at 90 psi.
- Uses a compression design found in commercial machining centers which isolates the load from the spindle bearings.
- Features a safety activation/lockout feature.
- Works with milling machines that have a quill.
- No machining of drawbars required.
- May be integrated with CNC control programs such as Mach3.
- Works with air compressors that supply a minimum of 90 psi.
- Compatible with other Priest Tools mill accessories such as the Quill Stop and Power Lift.
- Designed for use with a quick-change tooling system.
Simple to Use
Insert the actuator plate into the cylinder plate and release the spring plunger that locks it into place. Then flip the switch up to activate the system and remove the tool from the collet. Insert another tool into the collet, and then flip the switch down to dis-engage the Power Drawbar and secure the tool for machining.