The Power Lift system for the Little Machine Shop 5500 and 5550 mills functionally replaces the Z-Axis manual handwheel that is used to raise and lower the mill head. The Power Lift Deluxe offers many improvements over the previous model.
- A high-torque DC gearmotor powers the Power Lift.
- The enclosure houses all the components of the Power Lift improving safety and esthetics
- The original Z-axis handwheel mounts to the enclosure allowing the user to make fine adjustments to the vertical position of the headstock.
- A witness mark on the bearing cup provides a reference for the handwheel scale.
- The operator switch is conveniently located in the lower corner of the enclosure providing easy access.
- The Power Lift is controlled by the motor control toggle switch and has three momentary positions: up, off, and down.
- The motor is a 12VDC powered reversible gear motor that has an intermittent duty cycle and has been tailored to the specific requirements of the Power Lift.