The Spindle Brake provides a semi-automatic method of locking the spindle freeing both hands to complete a tool change. A safety switch (electromagnetic interlock) ensures that power to the motor is disabled with the spring plunger in the engaged position.
- Improves productivity while making tool changes easier, faster, and safer.
- In the engaged position, the Spring Plunger automatically engages with the “locking pin hole” in the spindle when the spindle is rotated into position.
- An electro-magnetic interlock disables power to the motor with the Spring Plunger in the engaged position.
- Frees both hands for completing tool changes.
- Enables one-handed loosening and tightening of keyless chucks.
- With the spindle at rest, pull, turn, and release the Spring Plunger against the side of the spindle.
- Rotate the spindle by hand until the Spring Plunger engages with the spindle
- When the tool change is complete, simply pull, turn, and lock the Spring Plunger in the retracted position and you are ready to go
- Integral Safety Switch and hand-retractable Spring Plunger
- Approximate dimensions: 4 x 3.5 x .75”
- The Spindle Brake Plate is made of 6061-T6511 Aluminum
- Made to exacting specifications in precision machining centers in the USA
- Little Machine Shop HiTorque Mini Mills
- Sieg Industrial SX2 compatible mills
- Micromark MircoLux HD Miniature Mill