Build Your Own Power Drawbar Design and Fabrication Package
The Power Drawbar is a CNC-class pneumatic system that automates the task of loosening and tightening the drawbar when changing a tool on a milling machine. This expedites the tool changing process and adds a great deal of convenience.
If a Power Drawbar system is not offered on your specific mill, the Build Your Own Power Drawbar Kit may be the answer. This kit includes components common to the Power Drawbar system. Mill-specific items are provided by the user. Experience in precise measuring, drawing/drafting, and machining are necessary to complete the Power Drawbar system.
Design and Fabrication Package
This package includes creating the design and fabrication of the support plate and drawbar. All hardware for mounting the support plate to the mill and cylinder plate is also included. The user must be skilled at taking accurate measurements to .001” of the top of the mill headstock as input to creating the support plate.
- Photos of the top of the headstock at about a 45 degree angle of left, front and right sides.
- Accurate measurements to .001” of the top of the mill headstock including the spindle center and potential mounting hole locations for the support plate, and the front, side, and back edges of the headstock.
- Test fitting of the support plate and Power Drawbar system providing feedback to Priest Tools.
Priest Tools provides:
- Power Drawbar support plate with final drawing.
- New drawbar compatible with the new Power Drawbar system.
- All hardware for mounting the support plate to the mill and to the cylinder plate.