The Quill Stop provides a quick and accurate way to set the quill depth of cut on the Precision Matthews PM-25MV and all compatible milling machines.
A key feature of the Quill Stop is that it is compatible with the Spindle Brake for the PM-25MV mill. The Spindle Brake PM-25MV locks the spindle for performing tool changes and features an electromagnetic locking mechanism which locks the spindle and cuts power to the mill when engaged for additional safety, much like pressing the E-Stop switch when changing a tool.
Simple to Operate
- Simply press the button and the nut disengages from the thread
- Slide to desired position and release the button to engage the threads
- Turning the nut then allows for precision micro-adjustments of depth of cut
Useful in Many Ways
- The primary purpose of the Quill Stop is to set an accurate and consistent depth of cut for repeated machining operations including boring, chamfering, and milling.
- The Quill Stop is also very handy in performing single or repeated chamfering of parts. To setup the chamfer the first time on a part, turn the mill off and simply lower the cutter to the top of the part, lock the fine feed knob, and back-off one full turn (turn the Button Nut clockwise as viewed from the top). Then start the mill and turn the Button Nut on the Quill Stop counter clockwise in small increments until the cutter contacts the part. Then continue turning the Button Nut counter clockwise and alternately lowering the quill until the desired chamfer is achieved.
- The Quill Stop works equally well performing inside chamfers using typical chamfering mills, and outside chamfers using, for example, a hollow mill.
- Installs in minutes.
- Requires two 1/4-20 holes to be drilled and tapped in the mill head to attach the quill stop block.
- Made to exacting specifications in precision machining centers in the USA