The Spindle Brake provides a convenient method of locking the spindle freeing both hands to complete a tool change. A safety switch ensures that power to the motor is disabled when the Spindle Brake is engaged. This Spindle Brake features an integral flip-style locking fork which locks the mill’s spindle when engaged and does not require a separate locking device to be mounted and removed from the mill.
- Improves productivity while making tool changes easier, faster, and safer.
- The fork of the Spindle Brake flips down over the splines of the spindle and the set screws in the fork mesh with the splines causing the spindle to lock.
- An electro-magnetic interlock disables power to the motor with the fork of the Spindle Brake engaged.
- Frees both hands for completing tool changes.
- Enables one-handed loosening and tightening of tool-less chucks.
- With the spindle at rest, flip the Spindle Brake fork down over the spindle
- Rotate the spindle by hand until the set screws in the Spindle Brake fork mesh with a spindle spline
- When the tool change is complete, lift the Spindle Brake fork up into the retracted position and you are ready to go
- Integral Safety Switch and hand-retractable Spring Plunger
- Approximate dimensions and weight: 5.75l x 3.5w x 1.63h, 1.6 lbs.
- The Spindle Brake plate, block, and fork are made of 6061-T6511 Aluminum
- The hinge and fasteners are made of Stainless Steel
- Made to exacting specifications in precision machining centers in the USA
Compatible with Grizzly G0463 and all Sieg X3 mills