The Spindle Brake Flip provides a convenient method of locking the spindle freeing both hands to complete a tool change. A safety switch ensures that power to the motor is disabled when the Spindle Brake is engaged. This Spindle Brake features a locking fork which locks the mill’s spindle when engaged and does not require a separate locking device to be mounted and removed from the mill.
- Improves productivity while making tool changes easier, faster, and safer.
- The Spindle Brake locking plate slides along a linear bearing and meshes with the flats on the bottom of the spindle.
- An electro-magnetic interlock disables power to the motor with the locking plate engaged.
- Frees both hands for completing tool changes.
- Enables one-handed loosening and tightening of key-less chucks.
- With the spindle at rest, pull down and lock the spring plunger in the open position. A spring will pull the locking plate back to the spindle. Rotate the spindle by hand until the locking plate fully engages with the flats on the spindle and snaps into place.
- When the tool change is complete, pull down and rotate the spring plunger knob until it unlocks and pull the locking plate forward using the finger pull until the spring plunger locks in the open position.
- The Spindle Brake plate, side plate, locking plate, and bearing plate are made of 6061 Aluminum
- The bearing is IGUS drylin
- Made to exacting specifications in precision machining centers in the USA
Documents: Spindle Brake PM-728V-T Installation GuideBrochure Installation Guide