The Power Drawbar is a CNC-class pneumatic system that automates the task of loosening and tightening the drawbar when changing a tool on a milling machine with the flip of a switch. This greatly expedites the tool changing process and adds a great deal of convenience.
- Compressed air supply of 90-120 psi.
- 3/4” quick change tooling system such as the Tormach TTS system
- Bolt-on accessory requiring no modification to the mill.
- Enables tool changes with the flip of a switch.
- Provides a consistent tool holding force of approximately 34 foot-pounds at 120 psi and 25 foot-pounds at 90 psi.
- Uses a compression design found in commercial machining centers which isolates the load from the spindle bearings.
- Features a safety activation/lockout feature.
- Works with milling machines that have a quill.
- No machining of drawbars required.
- May be integrated with CNC control programs such as Centroid and Mach3.
- Compatible with other Priest Tools mill accessories such as the Quill Stop, Spindle Brake and Power Lift.
Simple to Use
Insert the actuator plate into the cylinder plate and release the spring plunger that locks it into place. Then flip the switch up to activate the system and remove the tool from the collet. Insert another tool into the collet, and then flip the switch down to dis-engage the Power Drawbar and secure the tool for machining.Installation Guide